- Founded in 1997 with Australian partnership. It became a 100% Saudi-owned Company in 2004.
- The first and largest company in the coated steel sheet industry in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Deploys manufacturing technology and production lines procured from major US, UK and Italian companies.
- Produces 250 thousand tons of galvanized steel sheets and 210 thousand tons of color-coated steel sheets annually.
Local and Regional Quality Marks
- The first galvanized and color-coated steel sheet manufacturer in Saudi Arabia to receive the (SASO) quality mark from Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization.
- The first Arab company to receive the Emirates Quality Mark (EQM) from the Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA).
- The first Arab company to receive the Jordanian Quality Mark (JQM) from the Jordan Standards and Metrology Organization (JSMO).
- The first Arab company to receive the Kuwaiti Standard Specification Mark (KSS) from the Kuwait Authority of Industry.
- Recipient of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Certificate.
- Recipient of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard Certificate.
- Recipient of OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System Standard) Certificate.
- First regional manufacturer in the steel sheet industry to receive ISO 17025:2005 Certification for international accreditation of its laboratories.
- The only Arab member of the Technical Committee (A05) of ASTM International with voting rights.
- Member of Galvanizers Association.
- Member of US National Coil Coating Association (NCCA).
- Member of South East Asia Iron & Steel Institute (SEAISI).
- Member of European Coil Coating Association (ECCA).
Commitment to Manufacturing and Social Responsibility and Transparency
- All UNICOIL products are lead free and compliant with international environmental and health standards.
- The first industrial company to print all components of its products on every linear meter.
- The first company to issue invoices in Arabic with transparent disclosure of all product specifications.
- The first company to launch an unprecedented campaign to promote community awareness of the hazards of lead in paint to environment and public safety.
- The first company to provide free testing service for steel products in its laboratories to interested parties in all Arab markets.
- The first company to disclose its corporate social responsibility for a “lead free society”.
- The first company to contribute to the development of ASTM international standard by adding an item specifying the maximum allowable limit of lead in Zinc and paints.
- The first company to call for, and contribute to, the development of a national Saudi standard for galvanized and color-coated steel sheets.
- Recipient of the Best Environmental Performance Award from the Royal Commission for Jubail.
Development and Innovation
The First Manufacturer in the Steel Sheets’ Industry in the Middle East Achieving the Following Milestones:
- Development of innovative solutions for the treatment of pre-painted steel sheet scratching which occurs in transit or during installation.
- Development of innovative pre-painted steel sheet products (Energy Saving, Anti-Bacterial and Chromium-Free).
- Development of innovative galvanized steel sheet products (Tri-Chrome and Chrome Free).
- Installation of a paint production unit within its plants, thus reducing minimum order quantity and lead time.