- Established in 1997 with Australian partnership. It became a 100% Saudi-owned Company in 2004.
- The first company in coated steel sheet industry in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Deploys manufacturing technology and production lines procured from major US, UK and Italian companies.
- Produces 250 thousand tons of galvanized steel coils & sheets and 210 thousand tons of color-coated steel coils & sheets annually.
Local and Regional Quality Marks
Galvanized and color-coated steel coils & sheets industry:
- The first in Saudi Arabia to receive the (SASO) quality mark from Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization.
- The first Arab company to receive the Emirates Quality Mark (EQM) from the Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA).
- The first Arab company to receive the Jordanian Quality Mark (JQM) from the Jordan Standards and Metrology Organization (JSMO).
- The first Arab company to receive the Kuwaiti Standard Specification Mark (KSS) from the Kuwait Authority of Industry.
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Certificate.
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Standard Certificate.
- ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System Standard) Certificate.
- ISO 27001:2013 (Information Security Management System).
- UNICOIL laboratories were the first regional industrial labs to be certified with ISO 17025:2017 in steel coils & sheets industry.
- The only Arab member of the Technical Committee (A05) of ASTM International with voting rights.
Commitment to Manufacturing and Social Responsibility and Transparency
- All UNICOIL products are lead free and compliant with international environmental and health standards.
- The first industrial company to print all components of its products on every linear meter.
- The first company to issue invoices in Arabic with transparent disclosure of all product specifications.
- The first company to launch an unprecedented campaign to promote community awareness of the hazards of lead in paint to environment and public safety.
- The first company to provide free testing service for steel products in its laboratories to interested parties in all Arab markets.
- The first company to disclose its corporate social responsibility for a “lead free society”.
- The first company to contribute to the development of ASTM international standard by adding an item specifying the maximum allowable limit of lead in Zinc and paints.
- The first company to call for, and contribute to, the development of a national Saudi standard for galvanized and color-coated steel sheets.
- Recipient of the Best Environmental Performance Award from the Royal Commission for Jubail.
Development and Innovation
The First Manufacturer in the Steel Sheets’ Industry in the Middle East Achieving the Following Milestones:
- Development of innovative solutions for the treatment of pre-painted steel sheet scratching which occurs in transit or during installation.
- Development of innovative pre-painted steel sheet products (Energy Saving, Anti-Bacterial and Chromium-Free).
- Development of innovative galvanized steel sheet products (Tri-Chrome).
- Installation of a paint production unit within its plants, thus reducing minimum order quantity and lead time.